Friday, June 27, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Dear Fooditude Faithful,
You have been patiently waiting for new postings and I am finally able to deliver once again. Please forgive the long absence. I have been traveling in search of new and greater fooditudinous adventures, and I am back at the helm with much to tell. In fact, I have just returned from Morocco, where, it turns out, they know something about good eating.
I have eaten quality dried fruit before, or so I thought. But in Marrakech, the central square was full of rolling carts groaning under the weight of sun-dried apricots, golden raisins, and dates of every description. As if these beautiful fruits don't look enough like jewels, the dried figs are strung into long strands like pearls on a necklace.
If it hadn't been for the prevalence of flies, I would have been tempted to walk around town wearing them around my neck.

No comments: